VISUAL ART submissions will remain OPEN until midday (12pm) on 17 August 2014.
Please follow Submission Guidelines and instructions (below).
WRITTEN submissions are now CLOSED for 2014.
A big thank you to everyone who submitted written pieces. What a bunch of awesome people you are! The editorial team is now in reading-mode . Contributors whose work has been accepted will be notified by Monday 11 August. Please stay tuned.
For VISUAL ART submissions ONLY:
A standard $6 submission fee applies.
We will accept works from emerging Australian artists. This year’s theme is “Encounters”.
All selected contributors will be paid upon publication, and will receive a free copy of visible ink 2014, to be launched in early November. To receive the payment you must have an ABN.
Send VISUAL ART submissions to: email@example.com
Submissions ($6) paid to:
Account Name: RMIT Visible Ink
BSB: 063 262
Account Number: 1057 4993
Reference: Your full name
Visual Art Submission Guidelines:
- All submissions must be original, unpublished works that have not previously won competitions or prizes.
- We’ll accept drawings, comics, photography, graphic design, paintings and anything else you might find on the printed page.
- Submissions may consist of up to four (4) images per folio.
- All images must be in JPEG format.
- On the Cover Letter please include: your name and 50 word bio, e-mail address and phone number, title of the piece corresponding to the name of the file (see below).
- Each image must be named to include your initials and be numbered (eg. initials_1.jpg, initials_2.jpg)
- Submissions are to be sent as low resolution images no higher than 72dpi and no larger than 250kb. If your image is selected for inclusion, we will contact you for a high-resolution version.
- Please indicate if images are a series or individual pieces in the Cover Letter.
- Selected visual artworks may be printed in grayscale. If you want your work to be reproduced in full colour, please indicate this in your Cover Letter.
- You may submit one folio per person.
- Visible Ink reserves the right to disregard any works submitted that do not follow these guidelines.